Tuesday, June 1, 2010

scrappy

Things are better. Called the college and I'm in the process of getting things squared away. Slowly making progress on the certification front and hoping that all will go smoothly.

School ends very soon. The students are taking finals and my last day is June 9. I took down my bulletin boards today. It's silly the things that will make you upset--like pulling staples out of corkboard. I know that classroom so well because it's been mostly mine for the past 3+ years. Soon it will be someone else's. We went out as a department for lunch and they brought me a cake. It was really nice. I keep trying not to get upset, but it's hard when the goodbyes are so long.

On the Philadelphia front, I am reserving storage and a moving truck tomorrow. I hope to look at apartments next weekend on the Main Line with Tim. It'll be nice to see him after two weeks apart.
I have to approve my financial aid package tomorrow and get myself psyched up to start something very different in the fall.

In terms of the wedding, my parents are going through the contract for the venue. The Church is secured and Tim and I are planning on scheduling a meeting with the priest in June. I am looking at dresses on Thursday. Our parents are hosting an engagement party on July 10.

Went to Church twice this long weekend to gain some perspective. I liked part of Sunday's reading:

"Not only that, but we even boast of our afflictions,
knowing that affliction produces endurance,
and endurance, proven character,
and proven character, hope,
and hope does not disappoint..."


photo from http://www.winonlyriders.net/thelostforum/cinema/RockyBalboa5.jpg