Sunday, June 6, 2010

moving on, moving out

 Green couch and coffee table, moving to a new home

 I'm sitting in my apartment--I can't believe this is the last weekend that I will be here! I just got back from the gym and thought the sky looked a little funny. It has been so hot and humid here lately, the type of humidity that dehydrates and exhausts you. I expected a thunderstorm but now we have a tornado watch until 8pm. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was watching the snow fly during the big storms in February.

I did most of my packing yesterday and brought a lot of stuff to Goodwill. Moving is good for me because I purge a lot of stuff. I hate clutter so much--almost to the point where I am obsessed with not buying things because I fear that they will take up space. I've moved so many times (often by myself) in the past eight years that I feel the need to bring as little as possible.

A nice young family just bought the vintage green couch and coffee table. It was a little dicey fitting it in the trailer but they are on their way back to Rockville and I hope that it all ends up in one piece! It's a relief for me, since I don't have to move it to Pennsylvania. I highly doubt that I would be able to fit it in my new place.

Tonight, I'm excited just to relax and get ready for my final week. It's going to be a tough one.