Friday, May 28, 2010

nail-biting


Today I've been beating myself up over things...like the fact that I supposedly missed the "drop with a full refund" period at the community college by less than 7 hours, and they will only refund 60% of my tuition for two courses...and that 40% is quite significant. I've been trying to do everything I can to stay on top of things, but it's been hard. I sent them an email explaining the situation and hope to hear back, although I'm not expecting anything. It is frustrating. I have been trying to find places to live in Philadelphia but no one will show an apartment until later on this summer. I am moving in less than two weeks. All of this is very complicated and I'll be happy when it's over. I'm trying to look on the bright side, but my stomach has been in knots all day.

A&P I is officially over and done with, which is a relief. Because I dropped the aforementioned classes, I have until June 21 to "relax," after I grade papers and pack up my life at school.

Haven't done too much for the wedding. I've been looking at dresses online and have a few that I like. The most important thing for me is that the dress is comfortable, classy, and doesn't cost a huge amount of money--I just have a personal problem with spending tons and tons of money on a wedding. I would rather put it toward our life after the wedding day itself. I think things just spiral out of control and suddenly people are spending money on things that guests won't notice or care about, and neither will the couple. We have our church, venue, and date, which are the most important things to us. Our bridal parties have been chosen and everyone has happily accepted. I want to keep in the forefront that this wedding is a celebration of Tim and me and we are blessed to have such wonderful families and friends.

So I am trying to put the worries aside. I've been taking the "day by day" mentality. Otherwise, things quickly become too overwhelming. I am attempting to focus on all that I do have--my fiance, my job (for the moment), upcoming career change, the summer, my health, friends, family, a home. It may sound trivial and Mooney-ish (people who work with me understand that allusion), but it's what is getting me through right now. I am a creature of habit and I resist change. I just hope that I am making the right decisions as I storm into the summer.

photo from http://boomerwellness.files.wordpress.com