Saturday, February 27, 2010

follow the leader



Tonight I have decided to avoid anatomy and work stuff, and just relax. The stress that I've been feeling lately is because I've been pushing myself too hard. I slept for a long time today and that helped a bit. I think I'm on the verge of getting sick and I want to prevent it, if possible.


Good things:
1. Chocolate-chip waffles with cherries tomorrow morning
2. Watching Sunday Morning with a cup of coffee
3. Organizing work/school stuff
4. Going out to get some work done (Bean Hollow, maybe?)

I've been watching videos on TED, including Jamie Oliver's speech. It's a great website with a lot of food for thought. I'm looking forward to watching Ken Robinson's talk on how schools kill creativity. After teaching for a few years, I'd have to agree to a certain extent.


----------------------

Not exactly literature, but...

I got two fortune cookies at Pei Wei last night (I eat one before dinner and one after). Interesting, considering the stuff that is going on right now:

 "To be mature is to accept imperfections."

and...

"The simplest answer is to act."


Knitted fortune cookie photo here.