Friday, February 26, 2010

five senses friday

 "Long Limb" by Andrew Wyeth


I haven't updated in some time. Mostly because I've been very busy. I'm taking a class that consumes whatever free time I have after teaching and grading. I'm also making some important (and difficult) decisions. I'm trying not to complain since they're my choices, but still.

This week:

Hearing: A songbird outside my window. Is Spring coming? Really?
Tasting: Jelly Belly conversation beans from my mom, hopefully Pei-Wei Korean Tofu tonight.
Feeling: Stress, Patagonia Monster fuzzy jacket
Hearing: Really good "This American Life" podcasts.
Smelling: Strong coffee.

A literary thought to finish this work week:

"You mistake me, my dear. I have a high respect for your nerves. They are my old friends. I have heard you mention them with consideration these last twenty years at least."
--Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen